Our Claims Handling Process
1. Report your claim
Auto Glass Claims (Online)
All Other Claims (Online)
- Members with a registered online account can report an auto glass claim in just a few simple steps by accessing Safelite via our Member Site.
- Don't have an online account? Access Safelite's standard auto glass claim form here.
Report a Claim on our Member Site
Report a Claim by Phone
Call our Claims Response Center (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) at 877-425-2580
2. Have as much information on hand as possible
When reporting a claim, we will ask you some basic questions
- Your name, address, email address, and telephone number(s)
- Your policy number
- Date and time of the incident/loss
- A brief description of the incident/loss
- Contact information from anyone else involved in the incident
- You will be given a claim number and your claim will be assigned to a claim adjuster who will guide you through the process.
3. Your Claims Adjuster will contact you
Your claims adjuster will reach out to you to go over your claim and explain your policy coverages.
4. Your Claims Adjuster will evaluate and estimate your loss
Your claims adjuster will accurately evaluate your claim and begin the process of resolving your loss. This may involve an inspection of damages.
5. Resolution of your loss
We will work with you in resolving your claim by accurately paying what you are owed under your policy contract or explaining why there is no payment on your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if I have an auto accident?
First, be sure you are somewhere safe and away from any potential hazards.
Second, please be sure to exchange information with the other driver(s):
- Name, addresses and phone numbers of all drivers and passengers
- Car license plate information and any information on make and model of each car involved in the accident
- Driver license number of parties involved. And insurance information.
- Names and addresses of as many witnesses as possible
- Police report number if appropriate
- Document any damages you observe with photos
- File a police report.
- Contact us to report your claim
What is a deductible?
It's the portion of a covered loss that, according to your policy, you've agreed to pay prior to Mutual of Enumclaw paying for your loss. For example, if you have a covered loss of $5,000 and your deductible is $500, you'll pay the first $500 and we'll pay the remaining $4500.
Does my deductible still apply when I am not at fault?
Yes, it will still apply. Once your claim is paid, and the adverse party is identified, we will seek to recover the cost of damages and your deductible.
How long will it take to handle my claim?
It depends on the complexity of your claim, how severe the injuries are and damages. Our claims adjusters will work as quickly as possible to resolve your claim timely.
Will my insurance premium go up if I file a claim?
This will depend on the terms of your policy contract and how many claims or occurrences you have filed, as well as insurance regulations for your state. Your Independent Agent can answer these questions for you.