A history of thoughtful coverage
We were founded in 1898 by a group of local farmers who wanted to look out for each other. Although we have steadily grown since then, that same spirit exists today.
Company quick facts:
- Mutual of Enumclaw operates in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, and Montana
- We offer insurance products for individuals, families, farms, and businesses exclusively through local independent agents
- Local, nationally recognized claims service
- Recognized for being one of the top 100 employers in Washington State
- In January 2018 AM Best affirmed our A- (Excellent) rating for this year with a Stable Outlook. Read the report.
Our local, independent agents
Our first agent, SL Sorenson, rode his horse from farmhouse to farmhouse to encourage local farmers to become members. Because of the great distance between farms, he would usually stay overnight, eat a big breakfast, and ride on to his next stop.
Times have changed – but the reason we do business with independent agents has not. Our independent agents provide a valuable service fueled by the genuine desire to protect members of their community.
World class claims service, locally
When we ask our customers to complete a customer service survey, we tend to rate pretty well. After experiencing a claim, our positive ratings tend to increase significantly. If you should happen to experience a loss, our highly regarded local Claims staff stands ready to assist you when you need us most.